Last week I have been working intensely on the AngularJS authentication module. I was debating on what to name it; since ngAuth, angular-auth and all related terms are already taken on Bower and NPM registries I decided to name it Satellizer - after Satellizer L. Bridget.

I have learned a lot about testing last week. For example, I had no idea how easy it was to generate these coverage reports:

Having a coverage report gave me enough motivation to write unit tests that I would otherwise would be too lazy to write. But to be frank I am not too fond of unit testing. I would rather spend X number of hours fixing actual bugs and improving the app rather spend X number of hours writing tests to confirm what I already know by writing tests. Perhaps once I get comfortable with testing I won’t feel like that, but right now writing unit tests is a huge time sink for me.

I am going to publish an in-depth blog post later this week or at the beginning of next week on how to do OAuth 1.0 and OAuth 2.0 authentication with AngularJS.